How to Make Gujarati Uundhyu
Procedure for Muthia:
In a bowl add semolina, salt, a pinch of soda, BioPlus Pure Oil, turmeric powder, dhania (3/4
tsp) and jeera powder (3/4 tsp), red chilli powder( 1 1/2 tsp), garlic (25 gm) and chopped
Mix them well and add water to this mixture and knead well. Shape this mixture into the form
of kebabs and deep fry them.Procedure for Masala.
For the tempering:
- 2 tbsp BioPlus Pure Oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
1. Combine the cubed sweet potatoes, purple yam, brinjal, raw bananas, and onions in
a large mixing bowl.
2. In another mixing bowl, combine the freshly grated coconut, coriander leaves,
sesame seeds, carom seeds, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chili powder,
turmeric powder, sugar, lemon juice, BioPlus Pure Oil, and salt to taste. Mix well.
3. Add this spice mix to the vegetables in the first mixing bowl and mix well. Mixture
marinates for 30 minutes.
4. In a deep, heavy-bottomed pan or a handi, add the marinated vegetable mixture.
5. Add the green tuvar, surti papdi, and valor papdi on top of the vegetable mixture. Do
6. Cover the pan and cook the vegetables on low heat for about 30-35 minutes.
7. In a separate small pan, heat 2 tbsp of BioPlus Pure Oil. Add the mustard seeds and let
them breathe. Add the cumin seeds and asafoetida and let them crackle.
8. Pour this tempering over the cooked vegetables.
9. Mix the vegetables gently and cook for another 5 minutes.
10. Serve hot with puri or roti.
Enjoy your delicious Gujarati Undhiyu!